Hans Peter Ravn
Forest, Nature and Biomass
Rolighedsvej 23, 1958 Frb. C
Recent and on-going research includes investigations on forest entomology, bio-control, invasive species and climate change:
• Co-ordinator of FP5-project (2002–2005): GIANT ALIEN – Giant Hogweed (Heracleum mantegazzianum) a pernicious invasive weed: Developing a sustainable strategy for alien invasive plant management in Europe. www.giant-alien.dk
• Management strategies against mass propagation of Ips typographus following wind fall. Modelling effects of climate change on population dynamics of the bark beetle (2005–). Funded by Nordic Council.
• Investigations of Dioryctria abietella, phenology, monitoring, control and effects of climate change (2006–). Funded by Nordic Council.
• Management strategy for Cameraria ohridella on horse-chestnut in Denmark (2004–). Funded by Municipal of Copenhagen.
• Developing a best practise strategy for Common rag weed, Ambrosia artemissifolia (2008-9). Funded by EUPHRESCO http://www.agrsci.dk/ambrosia/outputs/guidelines.html
• Alternatives in control of the field vole Microtus agrestis in reforestation (2006-10). Funded by Danish Forest and Nature Agency
• Effects of cutting date on colonisation success of Trypodendron lineatum (2006-10). Funded by Danish Forest and Nature Agency
• Experiences on handling the spruce weevil, Hylobius abietis without use of pesticides (2006-12). Funded by Danish Forest and Nature Agency
• Handling the great spruce bark beetle Dendroctonus micans in Denmark (2007-12). Funded by Danish Forest and Nature Agency
• Nordic Cone Insects and seed insects in Christmas tree production (2007- ). Founded by Nordic Council and PAF (Danish Christmas Tree Growers Association
• Management strategy for wolly aphids, Dreyfusia nordmannianae in Abies nordmannianae (2005-10). Founded by PAF (Christmas tree Growers org.)
• National survey of Ips cembrae – the larch bark beetle (2008-12). Funded by Danish Forest and Nature Agency
• Tools for sustainability impact assessment of the forest-wood chain. EFORWOOD, EU-FP6 2005-2009.
• Invasive insect species – monitoring, risk analysis and possible countermeasure – case study Harmonia axyridis, the harlequin ladybird (2009-2012). Funded by VILLUM FONDEN
• Took initiative to formation of Center for Invasive Species, www.cis.danbif.dk
• Several other projects om management of insect pests in Christmas trees and greenery: gall mites, tortricid moth, Strophosoma-weevils etc. (Funded by Danish Christmas Tree Growers Association)