Teaching and guidance of students
We are involved in teaching and supervision at BSc, MSc and PhD level related to quantitative genetics and breeding, population genetics and conservation, climate adaptation, dendrology and use of tree species in forests and urban landscapes.
Presently, the research group is mainly involved in teaching of the courses:
- Conservation and Management of Genetic Resources
- Ecology and Natural Resources
- Molecular Genetics
- Plant Breeding
- Production of Christmas Trees and Greenery
- Tropical Forest Restoration
- Processes in Nature 1 - Plants and Landscaspes
- Tree Biology and Arboriculture
- Experimental Plant Science
- Naturressourcer The Ecology of Natural Resources
- Ad hoc PhD courses and journal clubs
We are always looking for students who would be interested in doing their Master’s thesis or bachelor project supervised by our researchers. MSc and BSc students are normally affiliated some of our major on-going research projects, or collect and analyze data from some of our established long-termed field trials.
We welcome students own project suggestions, but also have several suggestions for projects within the species and geographical focus of the group.