Lars Ole Boldreel
Øster Voldgade 10, 1350 København K, Område III, Building: 03-1-373
Reflection seismic (Conventional, Sparker and Chirp) and wireline logging used in geology and maritime archeology.
Geological evolution of: NE- Atlantic; off-shore Faroe Islands; off-shore Vietnam; on-shore Denmark; off-shore near coast and lakes in Denmark; Deep and shallow geothermal energy; Quartarnary; Glaciakl tectonics; Deep water current regime off-shore Fareo region and inner Danish waters; Hydrocarbon off-shore Faroe Islands and Vietnam;
Maritim archeology: Location of stoneage settlements; Shipwrecks below the sea-floor
Present activities: Structural evolution of the off-shore Faore region, basalt investigation by seismic and wireline log; deep water currents in the off-shore Faroe region; Quartarnary evolution Denmark based on seismic; Geoloogical evolution of on-shore Denmark; Location of stoneage settlements; Shipwrecks below the sea-floor
1975-1983 MSc - Geology, Applied Geophysics Aarhus University, Denmark
1983-1988 Fil. Dr. /PhD - Applied Geophysics, Technical University of Luleaa, Sweden
1998- Associate Professor; Department of Geosciences & Natural Resource Management (IGN) Geology Section, University of Copenhagen; teaching, supervision, research, administration.
2019-2022 Head of studies Geology-geoscience, University of Copenhagen appointed by the Faculty of Science , KU
2017-2018 Appointed Deputy Head of Department, (VILU), IGN, (3 months)
2016-2018 Head of studies Geology-geoscience, University of Copenhagen appointed by the Faculty of Science , KU
2012-2015 Senior Researcher, GEUS (seismic and wireline logging mapping of onshore Denmark) and Ass Professor, IGN
2010-2012 Head of studies Geology-geoscience, University of Copenhagen appointed by the Faculty of Science , KU
2008- 2016 Chairman of the External Geological Censor Group for Geological Educations in Denmark
2005-2013 Appointed member of the External Geological Censor Group on the Faeroe Islands
2003-2022 Appointed member of the External Geological Censor Group for Geological Educations in Denmark.
2002-2007 Deputy head of the Study Board, Geological Institute, University of Copenhagen
1988-1998 Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS): Faroe Island Division: Research and administration, Head of section;
1991 Physical Properties Specialist and part of the logging group; Ocean Drilling Program (ODP) Leg 140:
1988 Research engineer;Department of Applied Geophysics, University of Luleaa, Sweden
1983–1988 Fil.Dr. Student;Department of Applied Geophysics University of Luleaa, Sweden: External stays at Norsk Hydro, Oil and Gas Division, Harstad, Norway and Gravity Group, Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory, Columbia University, N.Y., USA
- Interpretation of conventional reflection seismic and high resolution seismic (sleevegun, sparker, vibro seismic and ChirpIII ) data on workstation 2D and 3 D. Geology and maritime archaeology. Areas of geological experience: Faroe-Rockall area, NE-Atlantic; Onshore Denmark and Inner Danish Waters; Off-shore Vietnam; Waden Sea; Barents Sea.
- Interpretation of wireline logs on workstations. Areas of geological experience: On- and offhore Faroe Islands; NE-Atlantic; on shore Denmark and Vietnam
- Acquisition of sleevegun, sparker, vibro seismic and ChirpIII data; numerous campaigns: NE-Atlantic ; Off- and onshore Denmark, Lakes in Denmark; Israel
- Petrel software workstation system since 2013: Data loading; seismic interpretation; mapping, wireline interpretation
Teaching and supervision
- Designing and teaching of MSc courses in digital interpretation of data: Reflection seismic data and wire line logs interpretation; Sedimentary Basins; Marine GeoScience; Structural geology.
- Supervision of MSc students thesis at IGN 2020: 10 (Graduated MSc students thesis 2000-2020 at IGN: 70)
- A large number of BSc projects and other projects
- PhD supervisor IGN 2020: 3 (2007-2020 at IGN: 4 PhD)
- MSc and PhD co-supervision in Vietnam (1998-2014).
- Five external courses taught at the request of ENRECA projects (DANIDA) interpretation of reflection seismic data and wirelinelog in relation to hydrocarbon exploration in Vietnam- at MSc and PhD level. Including designing the courses, preparing of teaching material, teaching, evaluation of teaching:
Teaching award in Geology - 150 years Anniversary of the Nature Science Faculty (2000)