Øster Voldgade 10, 1350 København K
12/2019 – 12/2022 PhD fellow – Center for Permafrost (Cenperm), University of Copenhagen, Denmark
“Long-term effects of winter precipitation and summer warming on carbon turnover in dry arctic tundra heath” – Supervisor: Prof Bo Elberling
09/2016 – 03/2019 Master of Science (Climate Change), University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Master’s Thesis: “Methane Oxidation in arctic tundra soil – Responses to experimental warming and fire” – Supervisors: Prof Bo Elberling and Postdoc Ludovica D’Imperio
01/2015 – 06/2015 Study Abroad (Geography), University of Bergen, Norway
- Participation in the Erasmus Exchange Program
- Focus: Peace and Conflict Studies; the Norwegian language
10/2012 – 08/2016 Bachelor of Science (Geography), University of Marburg, Germany,
- Bachelor’s Thesis: “Analysis of different fog event dynamics using ground-based measurement techniques” – Supervisors: Dr. Boris Thies and Prof Jörg Bendix
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Travel grant to study and research abroad, Ecuador, Summer 2014
04/2019 European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly, Vienna, Austria
St Pierre, K. A., Danielsen, B. K., Hermesdorf, L., D'Imperio, L., Iversen, L. L., & Elberling, B. (2019). Drivers of net methane uptake across Greenlandic dry heath tundra landscapes. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 138, 107605.
Hermesdorf, L*., D’Imperio, L., Elberling, B. (April, 2019): Effects of experimental summer warming and altitude on soil methane oxidation in an arctic tundra ecosystem. Poster session presented at the general assembly of the European Geosciences Union (EGU), Vienna, Austria.