The biogeochemistry laboratory is running solid (biomaterial, soil), liquid and gaseous samples.
The laboratory has special grinding equipment (Planetary Ball Mill) for preparation of homogeneous plant and soil samples, as well as a microwave oven for digestion of soil and plant materials. The analytical facilities include:
- CN-analyser for biomaterials and soil samples
- pH-robot, Ion Chromatografi (IC), Flow Injection Analysis (FIA) for determining ions in water
- TOC/TN for determining total dissolved C and N in water
- ICP-OES for element analyses
- GC, GCMS for gas analyses
- Respirocond (Nordgren AB): a facility for concurrent measurement of respiration from 48 microcosms incubated at two temperatures - total 96 samples.