Karsten Høgh Jensen
Øster Voldgade 10, 1350 København K, Område III, Bygning: 03-0-371
2002 - Professor of Hydrogeology, University of Copenhagen
2010 - 14 Guest Professor, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, China
1999 - 02 Professor of Hydrology, Technical University of Denmark
1990 - 98 Docent, Technical University of Denmark
1979 - 90 Research Assistant, Postdoc, Associate Professor, Technical University of Denmark
1988 - 92 Permanent Consultant, Carl Bro Consulting Engineering Group, Denmark
1977 - 87 Hydrologist, Danish Hydraulic Institute
1983: Ph.D. Civil Engineering 1983 (hydrology), Technical University of Denmark
1977: M.Sc. Civil Engineering 1977 (hydraulics and hydrology), Technical University of Denmark
HONORS AND AWARDS
2018 Helmholtz International Fellow Award
2012 G.A. Andrup’s Groundwater Prize ($4.000)
2010 Overseas Outstanding Scholar, China
2007 Outstanding associate editor award Vadose Zone Journal
1999 R.W. Jorck’s award for extraordinary scientific achievements ($22.000)
1992 Best paper in the international journal Nordic Hydrology
1992 Fulbright Scholar
1985 Gorm-Petersen’s Young Scientist Award, Technical University of Denmark ($1.000)
Danish Academy of Technical Sciences.
Danish Society of Chemical, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers; American Geophysical Union; European Geosciences Union; Soil Science Society of America; International Association of Hydrological Sciences.
SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
- Member evaluation panel, Helmholtz INternational Labs (2018 - )
- Member International Research Evaluation Board, Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Germany (2016)
- Member Expert Panel on Disposal of Radioactive Waste, Ministry of Higher Education and Science, (2016 -)
- Member International Research Evaluation Board, Research Center Julich, Germany (2012, 2013)
- Committee member VILLUM Research Foundation (annual budget $ 15 mill.) (2011 - 14)
- Committee member Danish Strategic Research Council (annual budget $ 50 mill.) (2010 - 15)
- Member International Advisory Board, TERENO Terrestrial Observatories, Germany (2008 - )
- Convener and coordinator, all hydrogeological sessions, International Geological Congress, Oslo (2008)
- Director, Center for catchment hydrology – HOBE – a hydrological observatory (2007 - )
- Committee member,US National Science Foundation, Evaluation of research proposals for critical zone observatories (2007)
- Member US-NSF mission to Sri Lanka, Formulation of research and capacity building in relation to the Tsunami disaster (2005)
- Member of missions to Zambia and Botswana, formulation of strategies for research and education (2004, 2005)
- Member search committee, new editors for Water Resources Research, AGU (2004)
- Member board of appeal, Danish Environmental Protection Agency (2000 - )
- Director, International Research School of Water Resources (FIVA) (2002 - 14)
- Committee member, Unsaturated Zone Technical Committee, American Geophysical Union (2000 - 2011)
- President, International Committee on Atmospheric-Soil-Vegetation Relations (ICASVR), International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS) (1997 - 01)
- Project coordinator, EU funded project on ‘Artificial recharge of groundwater’ involving seven member states (1996 - 99)
- Vadose Zone Journal (2002 - 2010, 2015 -)
- Water Resources Research (1999 - 2006)
- Journal of Hydrology (1997 - 2002)
- Hydrogeology Journal (1995 - 2000)
Principal supervisor for 43 doctoral theses (39 graduated) and 100+ MSc theses.
Refereed International Journals: 119 papers; Contributions to books: 3; Monographs: 2; Editor/Co-editor for proceedings: 4.
Danish Journals: 19; Scientific reports: 19; Refereed conference proceedings: 33; Conference proceedings: 45, Published abstracts: 142.
[ISI: H-index: 29 Citations: 2815] [Google: H-index: 34 Citations: 4900].